Our client is a fast growing, privately owned, provider of premium managed IT services. They are a customer centric business that focuses on small to medium size clients.
Their services extend from the desktop to the cloud, and customer base spans a wide range of industries, from manufacturing to financial services, through to hospitality and not for profits.
At the core of their methodology is their determination to understand their customers’ business goals, so that they can align their services and support accordingly.
The onboarding role is integral in the process of introducing a new client to the company. This will be the clients first experience with the team, and the accuracy and attention to detail must be at the highest possible standard. Documentation and client alignment to the company standards is of the highest importance in this role.
The Onboarding engineer serves as a key reference point for the clients’ technical environment, which will be the groundwork for handover to service desk for day-to-day support.
- Follow onboarding Checklist
- Attend client sites to complete onboarding
- Documentation of entire site(s) with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Perform technical changes where required. Minimising business downtime
- Audit Backups to ensure all relevant systems are being backed up and are successful
- Ensure current configurations of Switches, Routers, Firewalls, etc are uploaded to documentation system
- Interact with customers to get processes documented. EG Core documents, customer specific devices/processes
- Plan and schedule, execute tasks lists
- Site walkarounds to identify relevant devices/systems to ensure nothing is missed
- Conduct Walk Arounds with Client
- Discuss & document client pain points, share & transfer ownership to other departments
- Summarise critical items (including any checklist items that can’t be performed) and transfer ownership to other departments
- Perform Handover meetings to other departments
- Follow minimum go live checklists (when full onboarding cannot be completed)
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as SolarWinds, & ManageEngine or any other monitoring tools
- Knowledge of documentation platforms such as IT Glue
- Be able to prepare technical documentation and ensure documentation is clear, accurate and complete
- Perform proactive and reactive troubleshooting to effectively identify potential incidents or problems and attempt to eliminate them before they occur
- Contributes to and manages activities for planning, development, enhancement and implementation of onboarding
- Strong technical knowledge (Level 2 minimum)
- A team player who can work with the support and production team members to support the business success
- Demonstrate analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills to resolve incidents and solve problems
- Previous experience in Level 2 service desk role for 2 years (Minimum)
- Cert IV in IT/Systems
- Previous experience in a similar role auditing/onboarding as advantage
|Job Category||IT and Services Industry|
|Offered Salary||$70,000 - $85,000 p.a. + Superannuation Contribution|
|Job Level||Mid - Senior Level|
|Job Nature||Full Time|